- January 9, 2017
- Posted by: Next Century
- Category: News
Malwarebytes has been an excellent protection shield for Windows users, who are concerned about their online security. For them, here is good news – Malwarebytes got a massive update. It now combines three tools into one. Earlier, there were Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, and Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.
However, Malwarebytes 3.0 has consolidated them into one and made an all-in-one security tool for Windows. Here is everything you need to know about Malwarebytes 3.0 that is available for existing as well as new users.
Here are some of the features you may like in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0 and where to find them:
- Faster scanning for threats.
- Schedule scan: By default, it scans every 24 hours. However, you can change and set a particular time according to your wish.
- All-in-one security shield: That means you no longer need any standalone anti-ransomware, antivirus and anti-rootkits. For your information, this tool doesn’t scan for rootkits by default. You need to enable this function right from Settings > Protection > Scan Options.
- Real-Time Protection: To be on the safe side, you must have real-time protection. Malwarebytes 3.0 provides such option to help you in real-time. It can also be stopped from Settings > Protection > Real-time Protection.
- Exclusion: At any point, if you wish to exclude a file or program from being under the Malwarebytes’ radar, you can rule out that program or file/folder from Settings > Exclusions. [Detailed guide is written below]
- Scan from right-click context menu: Like Windows Defender, you can get an option to scan any file or folder from right-click context menu. Just right-click on any file, select Scan with Malwarebytes.
I highly recommend upgrading from your old version to the new version which you can download a 14 day trial from the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware website